We are Monroe and Betty Sago, husband and wife, life-long citizens of Natchez, MS. We  obtained  the property in 1983, and opened an auto detail center known as Quality Car Care Center.  Later, several elderly gentlemen came along and enlightened us about the site and the history it held.  They encouraged us to do something to preserve the history of the tragic Rhythm Night Club Fire of April 23, 1940.  For a number of years their plea fell on death ears.  About 10 years ago, many survivors of the fire started to visit the site and share articles and photos with us, we began to listen to their stories and knew that we must help them tell their stories.  We started commemorating the event on April 2008 with several survivors and the community present.  The commemorations continued thereafter each April.. On April 26, 2010 we decided to open a mini-museum with a few articles.  We soon discovered that we had to expand . We immediately began the expansion.  The Museum was completed and opened August 16, 2010 for tours. The Grand Opening was held November 6, 2010.


Rhythm Night Club April 23, 1940



Maps and Legend

Website Builder